Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Monday, April 25, 2011

The Party

I must say that having 2 kids has really made me a much worse procrastinator than I already was. I was really up in the air about what to do for Maci Rose's birthday this year. And it was very last minute planning. Since she is in school now and we've been invited to a lot of her friends birthday parties I figured we probably should have a party for her friends too. We usually just do family (which is over 50 people) and close friends of ours.

We decided to have it at the Kids Kingdom to avoid having a million little children in our house. Well the night of her birthday party there was awful thunderstorms and tornados all over the state. We put so much time into party favors and cake, etc. that I didn't want to cancel or have to reschedule. Only about half of the people we invited came, but it made it was nice and it allowed me to be able to actually relax and talk to the people who could come. Which turned out perfect!

Holly, my neighbor, and I made cake pops! I know a lot of people have never heard of them, but they are becoming such a  big hit at birthday parties these days. It is cake on a stick (kind of like a sucker). The theme of her party was Hello Kitty. Here is what they looked like before I painted their faces. Holly made the actual pops and did most of the work. I just painted their faces on them. Thanks again Holly!!


 I used a bucket we had at the house and placed half of a styrofoam ball in there to stick the cake pops in. It made for a cute centerpiece.


 I also bought a small Hello Kitty cake from Sam's so she could have something to blow out the candles....

 She gave out sidewalk chalk as party favors...


Carter had a ball crawling around and banging on all the machines...

AND she enjoyed opening lots of presents....

Everything turned out great! Thanks to everyone who came and for all her presents! She is very blessed and thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, those cupcakes were adorable! You are always so creative! I can't believe how fast she and Carter are growing!

    ReplyDelete