Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Friday, September 16, 2011

Frugal Friday

5 smart ways you can use BALLOONS!!

I don't know about you but I have tons of balloons leftover from the 4 birthday parties I've thrown for my kiddos. They are stored in a bucket of party decorations out in my garage that my children seem to get into at least once a week asking me to blow up these balloons for them. And I know, I should probably find another place for it but that would require me having to go up in my attic and clear a space which is not as easy as it sounds. Anyways.... when I read this little snipet from Women's World Magazine the other day I thought this was so neat. I've never thought of using balloons other than for parties and entertainment.

1.) Open a bottle. You can use a rubber balloon to get a stubborn top off a bottle. Just use the balloon as you would a gripper.

2.) Make an ice pack. (this is my favorite!!) Fill a balloon halfway with water, but make sure you leave enough room for it to expand. Then place it in the freezer to have ready whenever you need an ice pack!

3.) Protect a cut. Slip a balloon over a painful papercut to keep it dry & clean while washing dishes, bathing kids, or doing some other type of house work or craft.

4.) Keep the shape. Blow up a balloon and slip an item of laundry over it to keep the shape of air-dry items such as bras and baseball caps. Toddler shirts fit perfectly.

5.) Save cut flowers. Slip a balloon filled with a little bit of water on the end of the stem and use a rubberband to secure it in place to help cut flowers last longer or until you can get them into a vase.

Have a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment