Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Monday, August 2, 2010

Complete Randomness

Wow!! Where to begin?? I got on here Friday to type a post and ended up changing my layout a little and then being bombarded with 2 dirty diapers and a child begging me to play tea party, so obviously there went the post. So here I am again this morning trying to attempt typing a blog post and uploading recent pics without (*fingers crossed*) any interuptions!

I must give warning....this may be a long and rambling post! I don't even know where to begin or end or what to put in the middle, but here is an update on our life lately.

By the way, I have read 4 other blogs this past week about updates and busy schedules. What's the deal?? I guess it just hit everyone that July was ending and school month & football season was starting and summer is coming to an end and it made us all pack everything into a few days?? Well at least for me that is!

This past week we have gone to a new park (that Maci Rose abolutely loves and so do I because they have a great shady area with a fan for me and Carter to hang out while she plays). We went swimming 4 days (2 being the normal weekend hangout at my aunts pool). I brought my 3 youngest cousins to play with Maci Rose and we all had a really great time. I'm going to do it again this week since they will be starting school on Monday. I don't know why I didn't do this at least once a week all summer. I got some awesome and much needed sun and entertained/wore out 4 kids at the same time! Can't beat that!

We also had a playdate with my neighbors little girls. I had 4 kids all under the age of 3 at my house. One 3 year old, 2 two year olds, and Carter! It wasn't as hard as I thought because Carter slept most of the time and the girls played very well together. The hardest thing was keeping them all upstairs in the playroom because it made watching them a lot easier!

Ok, don't laugh! But Jeremy and I are on a co-ed softball team! We had our first practice on Thursday night and (this is pathetic) my arms are so sore from the batting! Haha! I really hope I can quit being a wimp and muscle up for the team!

And one more thing.....I'm sure all you moms out there will cringe when I say this!! but Maci Rose has always watched tv at bedtime to fall asleep. Lately though, she will STILL be up at 10 or 10:30 watching tv! It used to aid in her falling asleep, but now I think it is making her stay up later. So, as of last Monday night, we decided NO MORE TV AT BEDTIME. We have read books and then turned out the lights by 9:15 EVERY SINGLE NIGHT (except Saturday) and it has worked like a charm. Knock on wood, but so far she hasn't even asked or tried to get out of bed. I will go back in there about 30 minutes later and she is out! She has asked for her tv, but we tell her no and go pick out a few books or we'll sing songs and she loves it. I'm shocked at how easy this has been!

She is talking EXTREMELY well these days. Many people have commented on what she says. She will copy anything we say. We were playing the "what sound does this animal make" on the way home the other night and Jeremy and I could not stump her. If she doesn't know one, she'll make it up. It was so funny! Like what does the turtle say?? Who knows?? Instead of her saying I dunno, she made a creepy  crawly sound. Same with sharks and crabs! Too cute!!

Well, there is what we've been doing in the past week! A LOT I KNOW!! So if you're still reading this post, thanks for hanging in there!

I think I'm going to end it here today because Maci Rose is wanting breakfast and that's my job! But I'm hoping to post another one with new pictures from all that's been going on.

Also in the next few weeks to come, we have Carter's baptism, my cousin Emily is coming in town from New York, we have a wedding and 2 baby showers, and hopefully a few births along the way. Oh....and I start school back so wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment