Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Thursday, April 5, 2012

Religion Kills, God Saves

We passed a guy the other day who was wearing a shirt that said "Religion Kills, God Saves". Jeremy and I just looked at each other strangely and said "true". But then I really got to thinking about it. How does religion kill? I could think of a million different meanings to the saying however, Monday morning I was reading my daily devotional that pretty much spoke right to me about the message.

It said, "Religion tries to force people to follow laws to make them perfect, like pots without cracks. But if a light is put within a flawless pot and then covered, no one is able to see the light inside the pot. Perfect pots are not able to reveal internal light to illuminate the ways for others."

"God chooses to shine through imperfect, cracked pots. People are blessed when our cracked pots let the light of Jesus shine through. Choose to be a glory-filled, cracked pot rather than an empty, pretty vessel".

Growing up Catholic in a Southern Baptist state I've realized this, denominations need each other! I have learned more about my religion because other people question my faith. I believe that when we get to heaven, we will learn the truth about our differences. We will learn that all of us were right about some things and wrong about others. But even the things we were right about won't matter. God wants us to get along, to stop fighting with everyone over what is wrong and right and to begin to find the things we all can agree on. Practice looking for ways to agree with other believers, and then watch what God does through the unity of faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment