Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Organization & Such

While I'm working on Carter's 18 month post I figured I'd show you a few things we've done around the house recently. Christmas really outdid us this year and we had no option but to clean out and get rid of old toys & clothes. It feels so good to get organized and back on track again!

These letter stickers are from the Dollar Store. I thought they were really cute and figured I could use them somewhere since they were only $1.
 I used them as a border around the kids bathroom and I'd say it looks pretty cute. Plus, while MR is laying down getting the shampoo out of her hair in the bathtub, we look up and point out the letters in her name.

 I bought this pink shelf from Target for $39.99 & let me just say I could buy a million more of these things. They are so great for toys and books. Nothing like something that looks cute and hides junk/clutter.
 MR got so much Littlest Pet Shop stuff from my Inlaws for Christmas so these baskets are perfect storage for all those little pieces. It's quick and easy cleanup too because all you have to do is throw all the toys into those containers and no one knows just how junky they are!
The white shelf you see in the corner here is a smaller (actually for a desk) version of the pink shelf in the previous picture. I put them in the kids closets. It is so perfect for the kids shoes! And I bought a few containers to go in them too & in MR's room I use her containers for her tights.

 The 3 drawer plastic dresser is ALL of her dress up clothes. I had to get something else besides a laundry basket because it wouldn't all fit and I love how now it is in her closet with all the rest of her clothes/shoes. Put away and hidden, yet easy for her to get to and play with.

 Here is Carter's shoe rack. Same as MR's just turned horizontally. In his containers, I put all of his summer shoes (sandals, crocs, etc.) They are hidden so when I tell him to go and get his shoes he won't come back with his crocs on. LOL. Obviously we know what his favorite pair are! He always goes straight for the crocs, rain or shine!

 We've turned his changing table into shelves for toys.
 This is a wooden stool I bought at Michael's on clearance last year and I painted it to match his room. It's mainly used hold his door open, but sometimes he uses it to turn on his light and brush his teeth.

 I bought this shelf at a garage sale in the fall for $10. Kinda pricey but it was brand new (tags & all) and it's Pottery Barn. I actually think it's supposed to go in a bathroom for magazines but we put it out in our loft/playroom with books and dvd's. It's perfect!
 This dresser/cabinet is another yard sale item. Only $5. And I love anything that hides clutter. Have I mentioned that enough?? It was plain brown wood & I sprayed it with a few coats of krylon paint.
 You can see how bad the inside looks and Jeremy needs to put a piece of plywood on the back of it b/c if it weren't up against the wall all the toys would fall out the backside, but so far I'm enjoying the idea of hiding the toys.
 This is how our loft/playroom looks these days. Most toys are hidden in some way or another.

 These shelves were taken out of Carter's room because I thought they looked cuter than his tool bench and riding horse that used to be under his window.
 I bought frames to hang our caricature pictures we had drawn at Homestead Hollow for the past 2 years.

 And I took this picture from my parent's house. This is a portrait of me when I was in 2nd grade. I want to do some portraits of my kids and hang it next to mine!
Happy Hump Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment