Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Wednesday, May 12, 2010

36 Weeks


Well today I had my 36 week appointment. I've gained a pound which makes my total weight gain 22  lbs so far. I weigh 127 lbs, which is a lot to me but I started at 105 so if I can stay under 130 I'll be happy. Of course I only weighed 122 lbs when I delivered Maci Rose, but I started at around 100 pounds, so I was heavier to begin with this one. My stomach is measuring 36 cm which is exactly what it's supposed to be. Baby's heartbeat was in 130's again. Overall everything looks good.

A few dissapointments though...

First, I was scheduled to meet with my regular doctor today, but she had an emergency c-section come up and was not in the office when I got there. Therefore, I had to see a male doctor I've never met before who did my strep B test, embarrassing! and he said there was no reason for him to check my cervix for dilation and to wait until I could see my regular doctor next week. So I don't know if anything is going on in there as far as that goes.

Second, I had an ultrasound today and everything is looking good & HEALTHY so I shouldn't complain, but the pics just weren't what I had expected. Maci Rose's were so clear and this little boy is so cramped in there that we couldn't even hardly see a side profile because his face is pressed up against me. Also his feet were so much in my rib cage she could hardly get his little toes on the picture. His boy part looks HUGE!!  That is like the only thing we could actually see clearly. Haha!
He is in head down position and should stay that way at this point. He weighs 5 lbs. 14 oz. already and should gain about a 1/2 pound for the next 3 weeks so I'm thinking he'll be close to 7.5 lbs. The doctor said almost 6 lbs at 36 weeks is a pretty good size baby, so he may be big.

And Third, I had originally wanted my c-section on June 2nd (which is my grandfather, who passed away last October's b'day) but my doctor is already booked for 2 surgeries that day so I'm scheduled for June 1st at 5am. That is less than 3 weeks away. It's the morning after Memorial Day, so I'm really starting to get nervous. Can I handle 2 kids on my own??

Below I've posted some of our ultrasound pics and my 36 week belly shots... My stomach is soo hard these days it's hard for me to bend or do much. This sounds horrible, but I feel like he could fall out of my crouch at any point. It's so heavy down there. He's hanging out between my legs.

                                                                  That's his wee-wee
This is kind of hard to see, but it's looking at his face upwards, you can see up his nostrils and his lips
Another pic of his face, if you can make it out
His foot, toes are cramped into my rib cage
36 weeks straight on
Side view
This may be the last of the belly shots. It's just too gross to me. Yuck! I'm ready to post my sweet baby boy's pics, enough of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment