Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A little bit of advice, please?


I know I may be set up for a huge disappointment, but I'm open to all ideas and tips. PLEASE!!

One week from today I will be going in to have my SECOND child! While I was sooo excited at this point for Maci Rose, I find myself way more scared this time around. I mean don't get me wrong I'm excited about not having to be pregnant anymore and to meet and love on my little boy, but my nerves seem to be getting the best of me lately.

That is why I'm hoping that someone out there who reads my blog with 2 or more children can give me some great advice to calm my nerves. ANY advice would be great, but here are a few of the questions I have...

1.) Where do you put the baby to take a shower or use the bathroom so that he's safe from your 2 year old who I'm sure will be trying to get him out?

2.) Since newborns are in the doctor so much in the first few months of their lives for shots, is it best to get a sitter for your other child? or make your husband come along? Can I handle both of them at the germy doctor's office by myself and is it worth trying?

3.) Where and when do you nap with a 2 year old who is a hit and miss with naps these days and if I do fall asleep who knows what she could get into while I'm knocked out?

4.) I already have people constantly asking to take Maci Rose somewhere, such as my neighbors house, friends house, and my family, should I send her every time? I know my first reaction is yes and to get rid of her so I can get something done or sleep, but will I make her feel like Carter has taken her place in the house by sending her out all the time??

5.) How long do I need to expect and prepare myself to get my body back after it stretches for the 2nd time? Will it be as easy as it was after having Maci Rose?

6.) AND last but not least, this one doesn't seem to have a care in the world for what's about to happen, is there anything else I can do to try to prepare her at this point?




3 comments:

  1. Wish I could help Bon ... but I have NO CLUE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!! First....calm down! Second babies are like riding a bike...you just go with it.

    I remember after having Landon I used to baby gate Olivia in her room and nap....there wasn't anythings she could get hurt doing and I was just in the room next door. I suggest also getting a good afternoon nap time in place. All of our kids go down at 1:00. Not issues. Just the way it is.

    Take people up on their help! I have taken 4 kids to the doc at once...you can do it!!

    Keep a pack n play out so that you can put him in it! I try and shower when the babes are alseep....but this morning I had Rhodes in his car seat in the bathroom with me because I didn't trust him out there with the others!

    I promise you'll figure it all out! Second time around is so much easier!

    And he'll be SUPER tough! :-)

    Enjoy these last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! thanks anyways Lauren!

    Lindsey,

    I worked all the way up until I delivered Maci Rose and this time I'm not working so it has given me more time to worry.

    I have had a few people surprisingly tell me that 2 is easier than 1 because the older one helps out so much. I hope they are right! I figure if I expect the worse then it won't be so bad.

    The carseat idea is genius! I'm definitely going to try that and I know Maci Rose doesn't know how to unlock those buckles yet so that seems to be a safe bet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete