Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Friday, July 16, 2010

10 Random Things


My friend Haley challenged everyone to do a post of 10 random things that have been running through our minds lately. So here is mine...

1.) FOOD. I have been eating HORRIBLY lately. Worse than when I was pregnant. I don't know what is wrong with my motivation. As soon as I wake up I go to the kitchen to get something to eat. I used to never eat breakfast but now I can't seem to go without it. I think it's because I am so busy and sleep deprived that I don't have time to plan my meals, so I just grab whatever I can find and eat it. I have been eating boxes and boxes of cheez-its, wheat thins, and wheatables. I cant remember the last time I had a real meal. I snack all day long! and sometimes all night long too depending on how much I'm up.

2.) POTTY TRAINING. Maci Rose is in panties these days because when she pees/poops in her pull up she takes it off and throws it in the diaper pail and that is getting to be like 5 diapers a day. It gets expensive!! I know she knows the feeling of pee now and doesn't like it in her diaper, but I can't get her to go to the potty. She is great about peeing somewhere and coming to get me and let me know, but when I take her to the potty she never goes. What am I doing wrong?? Am I starting too early? or is it a sign that she is ready since she knows the feeling now? I guess I just need to be patient, but changing panties all day is beginning to be a huge pain and the laundry is piling up fast. (This is a post in itself)

3.) COUPONS. I'm really getting the hang of coupons and the doubling up thing. I'm actually beginning to stock up on some items. I'm proud of myself!

4.) RECORDING. I have been slacking in the video taping department ALOT! And I don't want my kids to get older and not remember things of this age. Maci Rose is hilarious!! I charged the video camera yesterday and have used it a few times. Now I need to figure out how to upload videos to the computer?

The other night Jeremy and I were laying in bed, all the lights in the house were off, and Maci Rose's tv was still on. I went in there at 10:30 and turned it off & she started crying and saying it was too dark and she was scared so I told her to shut her eyes and when she woke up it would be morning and I went back to bed. Jeremy and I laid there listening to her talking and were dying laughing. Jeremy said hurry get the video camera, this could win us money. This is what we heard "mommy mommy daddy daddy I scared, my tv turned off, help, my tv turned off, who turned my tv off? I scared. I cant see momma, I cant see! (then her talking turned into crying) and we heard momma I can't see, so I yelled you better get back in the bed then, She realized I knew she was up and said no momma I gotta poo poo hurry I gotta poo poo!

5.)AUGUST= Baby Month! I have a lot of friends, family members having babies next month and I'm very excited! The next 3 weekends are packed with baby showers! My cousin Amanda is having a little boy named Preston. My neice is having a little boy. Also, my good friend Ambre and my freshman roommate Tiffany are having little girls.

6.) CARTER. I never knew I (of all people) would have a baby who is this huge and in the 75th/99th percentile in weight and height. No one in my family is big. My husband's grandfather was like 6'3 or 6'4 so maybe that's where he gets it. His hands are almost the size of my hands at 2! He is the size of an average 3 month old at 6 weeks!

7.) SCHOOL. I'm really sad and excited about starting school back next month for the fall semester. I'm sad because I have absolutely LOVED getting soo close to my children this summer. I'm with them all day everyday right now. It has been wonderful on their schedules (well Maci Rose at least). However, I'm excited because I can get out of the house and actually have a social life again. I feel like I'm trapped in my house these days until Jeremy gets home. It's sad to say, but I'd rather wait until he gets home and take one child with me to buy groceries/run errands than to tackle bringing both of them out by myself.

8.) SCHEDULE. Maci Rose has been so great on a schedule this summer and I really hope we can keep it up when my school starts back. I have pulled her out of Mother's Day Out for the summer so she is here everyday. She wakes up, eats breakfast, plays, eats lunch & lies down for a nap between 1:30 & 2 and then wakes up around 3:30 or 4, which is when Jeremy gets home from work, and he takes her for a ride on his go-cart or in the sprinkler/yard while I cook dinner. We eat dinner and then get baths and she plays with daddy or watches tv until around 8:30 - 9 and then gets in bed. Since it's the same everyday she knows what the routine is and seems to act more well behaved at bath/bedtime. I have really benefitted from this because it helps me to know when I can have free time and get things done as well. It's hard with a newborn sometimes because he is eating every 2.5-3 hours and sometimes lies awake for the hours in between, but at least I'm only working around 1 child.

9.) EXERCISE. I have been walking on my treadmill for an hour about 3 -4 days a week. It feels great to exercise again. I just got out my ab roller since last September and have been attempting those too. I can only do about 20 a day right now because I'm still recovering a bit, but I have full faith that I will be back to my normal weight by the time Carter is 6 months old. I have about 5 more pounds to go. I weighed 107 at my post partum appointment the other day so I'm getting there.

10.) I would love to read more of these posts, so I challenge more of my readers to do the same!!

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment