Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Thursday, July 1, 2010

1 month!!

Carter is one month old today!! I can't believe a month ago we were going in the hospital to have him. Time flies!! Here are just a few updates of things that have happened in his first few weeks of life!

He is eating 4 ounces every 2.5- 3 hours and acting like he's never eaten a meal before when it's feeding time!

It's still rough in the sleeping at night area. Good thing is he doesnt seem to have his nights and days mixed up. He sleeps/wakes just as much in the day and night. He loves to sit up and stare and look around. I don't remember Maci Rose being this alert or aware. It may have something to do with the amount of noise around here. We used to have to try and wake Maci Rose up to eat. Carter doesn't have that problem.

He weighed 8 pounds/11 ounces at the doctor last week and was 21 1/2". That's a weight gain of over 2 pounds in 3 weeks and 3 inches. This little guy is growing like a weed!!

He just starting cooing and trying to talk back when I talk to him and he holds his head up really well.

He has swatted twice now at things you hang in his face. Maci Rose didn't swat at anything until 2.5 months old. I don't know if this is advanced or due to the fact that he has a big sister hanging objects in his face constantly and he can't stand it. Ha!

I took both kids out by myself for the first time yesterday. Maci Rose had 2 spankings before we could even get out of the car, and I was worried about Carter being bad?? I had no problems with him for my first experience. He slept the whole time until we were almost home and I had Maci Rose feed him a bottle in his carseat. That is a luxery that I didnt have with her. She has been a lot of help when it comes to things like that.

I've already gone through a whole refill thing in my diaper genie. They lasted 4 months each with Maci Rose!! I know it's because I have 2 kids in diapers right now, but boys definitely use WAY more diapers than girls. I have to change Carter almost every single time I feed him.

He is already in size 1 diapers. Maci Rose was in NB until almost 2 months.

The only 2 things that I wish would change at this point is the duration between feedings for him and the fact that he is losing so much hair!! Notice I only take pics of him with a hat on.  Look below.. he's almost completely bald now! Help!!


He looks like a baby doll in the swing.
Crying because Maci Rose won't leave him alone.

Poor guy! I think he'll be cute as soon as he gets hair! Right now he looks like a little old man because he is so bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment