Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hair it is!!

Look who started growing hair in the past 2 days!! It is not much and not long, but it's there and that's all that matters!

Who would have thought that with my dark hair and dark eyes that NONE of my children would be dark haired/eyed? Of course, I know that Carter's coloring may change, but the hair that is coming in is very light and right now he has really blue eyes!!

He was 5 weeks old as of yesterday, but he just had his 1 month dr. appointment and he weighed a whopping 10 pounds 6 ounces and 22 inches long!! Talk about a big boy!! He was born 5 weeks ago at 6 pounds 9 ounces and 18.5 inches long. What a huge jump in that short of time! The way he is eating though, I didn't expect anything less. This little boy DOES NOT SLEEP! I guess he is my "payback" child for all the sleepless nights I put my parents through supposedly.


However, I must brag a little bit about him for a second! He is either extremely advanced for a 1 month old or Maci Rose was very behind. Carter is doing all the milestones that 3 month old babies do. He has already smiled and laughed out loud. As a matter of fact, he smiles all the time and even smiled for my dr. yesterday when he asked me to show him how I got him to smile. If I do rasberries to him with my mouth, he will smile as if it's the funniest thing he's ever seen!

He's also holding his head up in 45 degree angles, blowing bubbles, cooing and trying to mock my mouth when I make sounds to him. He is very social like I was as a baby, and loves to be talked to and tries to talk back. Unfortunately, since he is so social he doesn't like to miss a beat, meaning he's not very good at sleeping AT ALL! Last night was the first night I had to let him cry from 3 - 4 am because I could do nothing for him. I think he is about to be going to sleep in his crib, because I HAVE to get some sleep! He is still only going 2.5 - 3 hours in between feedings (no matter how many ounces we give him)and by the time you feed him, change him and burp him and then he throws a fit for an hour it pretty much gives me an hour of sleep before the next feeding. Not fun!

Here he is fussing!

I will say this...he absolutely loves his mama! He was crying the other night for 30 minutes straight and Jeremy gave him to me and as soon as I started talking to him he quit crying. Jeremy had tried talking to him many times and he just wouldn't have it. He is definitely a mama's boy and while I love that, it doesn't help me get anything done when I'm here with 2 kids by myself all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment