Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dinnertime

I must admit I'm not a great cook and I really don't even like cooking much. I LOVE to bake. I usually offer to bring desserts to parties & family functions because I love baking cakes, cupcakes, brownies, cookies, etc. and I have an awesome banana pudding that I tend to get carried away with eating it while making it and therefore end up having to buy double the ingredients! :)

However, I DO cook even though almost all of it comes from boxes and cans. Nothing is homemade in this household! I like to blame that on the fact that the first year we were married Jeremy and I both worked full time and it was cheaper for us to eat out at lunch and dinner than to buy groceries that went to waste since no one was ever home to eat them. So I didn't cook AT ALL!

I have found these VOILA meals (carried in your grocer's freezer) that have worked wonders many nights in the household. Especially in the past 6 weeks when I have about 0.2 seconds to get dinner ready.


They are only $3.99 a bag and they feed our whole family in one bag. They come in all different flavors and ingredients, but they contain veggies, meat, and pasta all in one big mixture. It's the perfect simple meal. And it's good for you too! A whole bag only has like 600 calories and that is split 3 ways.
Our favorites are cheesy chicken and alfredo chicken.
All you do is pour the bag in a skillet and cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes and VOILA!! (no pun intended)

 
Doesn't this look delicious??

On a side note...has anyone ever had these things??



They are delicious!! I go through a box of them a week!!

1 comment: