Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Sunday, June 6, 2010

And so life begins...

.....for a sweet little boy named Carter, as a mom of 2, and a family of FOUR!!

Wow!! This is hard to say the least. I definitely have my hands full, but so is my heart for my amazing God, my beautiful little girl, handsome little boy, and incredibly helpful husband. I owe the world! I do not deserve all of this! How am I this lucky??

I must add that as I am typing this, I'm really wondering why I'm not doing this?

This little one definitely has his nights and days confused. He sleeps all day and is up every hour to hour and a half at night. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't exhausted! And Maci Rose has been a handful for me as well. She doesn't seem to like or be interested in Carter AT ALL! She doesn't come near me if I'm holding him and when we are trying to sleep past 8 in the morning she will do ANYTHING she possibly can to make sure we get up.....
I'm hungry! I want more milk! I need the channel changed! I want to go outside!
Whatever it takes, she will do it!

And feeling guilty for the lack of attention she's getting, I've been practically doing everything she wants.

Well last night I went in her room and we had a big talk about her attitude lately and when I say, "look at me", she better look at me and listen to me. She was crying by the time I left her room and I came back in my room and cried too. I don't want to be a mean mommy, but she is getting away with murder lately and so I had to set some rules for her. My mom had her all week while we were in the hospital, my little sister had her Friday and my aunt brought her out to her pool all day yesterday. She has been getting home late with no nap and fighting bath time/bed time, etc. She thinks she is 5 and on her own schedule and that is just not going to work. I'm working on getting her back on track the most right now. Then I will slowly try to work on getting my baby to realize his days and nights. And then I will work on catching up on my own zzzz's.

In the meantime, Jeremy has been doing whatever it takes to help me out. I'm very sore ALL OVER!! I have the c-section incision, major cramps, and now my milk is in and I can hardly move without screaming.

I know this will all pass in about a week or so. I can't wait until then!

Well I've got a 2 year old with a dirty diaper and a baby crying right now. I will have to finish this one later. Hope you all have had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment