Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The perfect night

Ok let's be honest before I type this post...the perfect night for many would be a nice glass of wine, bubble bath and at least 8 hours of sleep, but for me with a 2 year old and 1 week old this was what I considered to be a pretty perfect night.

I also need to say "KNOCK ON WOOD"  before I say this....

but last night I got 6 hours of sleep!! Yes that is 2 hours less than the perfect sleep. Not too bad!!

I owe a lot of it to my wonderful and sexy hubby. Usually Jeremy puts Maci Rose down and I take care of Carter. Well last night Maci Rose was watching tv and Carter was wide awake at 9pm. I was soo tired. I think I've had 6 hours of sleep total in the last 3/4 nights together. Jeremy offered to take Carter and rock him/hang out with him since he was up watching tv anyways, so I went to sleep around 9:30 while he put Maci Rose down and rocked/played with Carter and put him in his basinet next to me when he fell asleep. He then went to sleep with Maci Rose in her bed.

With Maci Rose we split the nightly duties because I was working too, but with Carter I've been doing all the night stuff by myself since I'm not working and Jeremy is. So it sure is nice to get a head start on my sleep!

I slept from 9:30pm - 1:00am when Carter woke up to eat. He woke up again around 3:45 and then again around 7 this morning.  It takes him about an hour to be fed, burped, held, changed, swaddled and back to sleep again. That's about 6 hours give or take!

I pray that this trend will continue because it does wonders to my attitude and outlook for the day!

So thanks babe for the extra sleep. Your hard work did not go unnoticed! You are an amazing daddy!

(I know you are at work reading this, love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment