Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rude Awakening

For Maci Rose that is!

We have been keeping the baby's room shut because it has been a huge mess since we've moved in. This week I have been trying to get a lot of it organized and ready for this new baby. Maci Rose has been right beside me every step of the way. I think she is starting to sense what is coming. Every single toy in his room was obviously hers first and she is not ready to share them AT ALL!!

She climbed in the exersaucer and started playing with the little toys on it like she was 6 months old again. I couldn't help but laugh. Her legs are so squished she can't be comfortable!
My latest project is trying to recover the basinet. Once again Maci Rose climbed right on in there as well.
She carried a different toy out of his room into the loft to play with (including the swing) that I can't seem to get away from her.

I don't really know what else to do to prepare a child her age for a new baby. She loves baby dolls and we play with them and try to show her how to treat them and care for them. I haven't introduced my belly to her as a baby yet because I don't think she will understand. And also I have heard horror stories of little kids going up to random women and pointing to their bellies and saying baby and I don't want to go down that road with a random woman while we're out running errands.

She has been really lovey lately. Like she'll say momma, momma and when I say what she'll hug me and kiss me. My mom even made a comment about how lovey she was in church on Sunday. So I think she may be starting to realize what's coming.

Any suggestions about what we can do to let her know she's about to have to share the stage??

No comments:

Post a Comment