Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Monday, February 15, 2010

The First of Many...

Temper Tantrums that is!! I witnessed my first real temper tantrum with Maci Rose today and let me tell ya...I was very embarrassed!!

It all started when I went to pick her up from Mother's Day Out. I never know how she's going to be when I pick her up. Sometimes she's crabby and tired and sometimes shes happy and a little social butterfly. Today, she had a little cut below her eye and the teacher said a little kid threw a toy at her. I was upset but Maci Rose was running around like nothing happened and telling all her friends bye. When we got in the car I decided to run to the grocery store and buy JUST 2 ITEMS (one being sour cream) that I needed to make dinner tonight.

When I was getting her out of the car she wanted to take her baby in with her and I told her no (thinking she would forget about it as soon as we got in the little buggy car thing) BOY WAS I WRONG!! She started crying and cried the whole entire time I was in the store. I was looking for poppy seeds and everyone knows they have like a million different spices on the spice isle. I was so fed up at her screaming and crying and even laying on the floor at one point in time that I grabbed her up and the sour cream and was practically marching to the checkout line.

She was squirming and acting out so much that I accidently dropped the sour cream and it busted all over the floor. I looked over to the guy in that isle and apologized and stormed out of there. When I got her in the car I gave her the biggest spanking. I was soo mad and embarrassed. My child normally LOVES the grocery store. She even helps me put the groceries up on the checkout thing and sings in the buggy, etc. I've never seen this side of her before!!!

When we got home she was STILL crying! I put her in her room (for the first time too) until she would quit crying. When I came back in there a few minutes later she had shut herself in the closet. I kinda felt bad because she couldn't get out.

I put her on my bed and turned Dora on and went downstairs to start preparing dinner. This is what I found when I came upstairs about 10 mins later.


I guess she played really hard today??

A nice mom would probably move her to a more comfortable position I'm sure, but I'm not doing anything that could possibly wake her up!

So now I'm off to study for my quiz tomorrow, walk on the treadmill, and cook "poppy seedless" poppy seed chicken caserole!!!! I'll let ya know how this turns out. HA!!


P.S. If I didn't have another child on the way I'd be like we'll make sure this doesn't happen again. However, with 2...3..etc. more children to bring with me, this may be the easiest grocery store visit for the next 5 years or so. Let's hope not!!

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, so glad you have a blog! Esp for stories like this. I can ONLY imagine the grocery store experience ... poor thing!

    ReplyDelete