Jeremy~Bonnie~Maci Rose ~ & ~ Carter


















Friday, February 26, 2010

Kitchen Nightmare...

It all started last week when I was wiping down our counter tops and above my dishwasher I noticed the counter was starting to sink/cave in and it had a huge slope to it. I told Jeremy about it later on and he immediately went into detective mode scoping out all underneath the cabinets, the wall, etc. We had mold underneath the sink, and the 2 cabinets next to the dishwasher, so he immediately called DR Horton to get someone out here to check it out. Ends up...our dishwasher either was not hooked up right or had a leak. (DR Horton is battling with GE Appliances over which one it was still). But no matter the outcome of who has to pay for it between the two, they made sure to get it fixed immediately.

I had no idea it would be this much trouble considering we have only lived here for 5 weeks. They had to tear out all the counters in the kitchen down the whole wall of the dishwasher and half of the next wall. A mold inspector had to come in and inspect the wall for mold to which he found surface mold on the inside. So he had to tear out the sheet rock and spray down the bottom inside of the wall to kill the mold. Another guy had to come and re-do the sheet rock this morning and we currently have the cabinet guy here installing the new cabinets.

For 2 days we've had nothing but chaos over here with people being in and out all day long. With no sink, dishwasher, cabinets, etc. it has been hard to cook or eat in there and it is a complete mess!! I have been washing the few dishes we've used in our guest bathroom sink.
Where they tore the cabinets out and knocked out the sheet rock.

Up Close
All of our pots, pans, utensils, etc. on the living room floor.
Everything crammed on the one counter that remains.
New Sheet Rock
New Cabinets

The finished product minus some paint touch ups above the backsplash.

On top of everything else, Maci Rose and I have had the stomach bug for the past 24 hours. Maci Rose still isn't feeling up to her normal self. She seems to just want to lie in bed a lot. I guess I would be the same way if I didn't have other responsibilites to tend to.

My sweet girl! I pray she gets to feeling better in the next few hours because we have a very important friends birthday party tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment